Out with the old, in with the new! Discover our freshest features that’ll put a spring in your step. 🌱
At Trolley, we’re always striving to improve our platform and provide the best experience for our customers. That’s why we’re excited to announce our latest spring product updates. We’ve been hard at work refreshing our SDKs, improving our delivery estimates, and enhancing our compliance ticketing system, among other things.
We understand that keeping up with updates and changes can be overwhelming, so we want to take the time to walk you through these updates and show you how they can benefit you. Our goal is to make the process as seamless as possible, so you can focus on growing your business and making payments to your recipients quickly and easily.
Without further ado, let’s dive into the new features we’re excited to share with you.
All-New, Refreshed SDKs
Our SDKs have been updated to better cover all API endpoints and provide an improved experience.
Postman Collection Launch
Developers can now easily evaluate and use Trolley APIs without writing a single line of code.
We’ve added a collection of all Trolley APIs to a public Postman collection. This enables you to generate code samples of successful API calls and start playing with our APIs.
Improved Delivery Estimates
We’ve changed how we calculate estimated delivery times to make them more accurate. Our calculations now include:
- Route type
- Day of the week
- Banking partner cut-offs
- And multiple internal data points taken from historical transactions.
We have added detailed parameters to these calculations making them more accurate.
Banking Validation for Recipients in Chile, Peru & Ecuador
Additionally, we have improved deliverability for UK and Canadian merchants sending payments to Chile, Peru, and Ecuador by adding a real-time check to match the correct financial institution when a recipient adds their banking information.
This provides an extra layer of validation beyond the SWIFT code for payments made to the country — leading to improved deliverability, and fewer returned payments.
Updates to Ticketing System – Email Notifications & Search Upgrade
We’ve upgraded our compliance ticketing system within the Trolley Dashboard, offering you more control over your notifications when a compliance ticket is sent to one of your recipients.
Starting this week, merchants can choose to turn notifications on or off. If turned on, you will receive email updates as soon as any ticket-related information is updated in the system.
Additionally, merchants can now search and filter tickets by creation date, recipient ID, or payment ID instead of needing to scroll through and locate the ticket manually.
What Else ?
We also have some additional updates designed to take your workflows from okay to truly extraordinary! 🌟
- Pending Status for Invoices and Invoice Line Items: To give a more accurate indication of the status of a payment, we’ve added a new status, “Pending,” that indicates that you’ve created a payment but haven’t initiated the sending. We will automatically switch “Pending” to “Paid” once the payment is processed.
- Changes in Ability to Edit “Paid” Line Items in Invoices: make reconciliation cleaner, we will now only let you edit the description field for line items of a paid invoice. Beyond the description, all other fields will not be editable after payment has been made. However, you can add new line items to a paid invoice, which will update the invoice status to “Partially Paid.”
- Account Modification Notifications for Recipients: Recipients can now receive a notification by email when changes have been made to their payout method. This is an added security feature to ensure that changes made to a recipient account have been authorized.
Notifications are available in all 36 supported Trolley languages.
- Added Support for Digital Banks in PE, CO, CL & EC: For UK and Canadian Merchants and their recipients in Peru, Colombia, Chile, and Ecuador, we have enabled a drop-down menu when financial institutions do not have a publicly available SWIFT/BIC code or other associated identifier.
Want to know what else we’ve been working on? Check out Trolley’s July 2023 updates.
Interested in how Trolley can help you pay your global recipients? Book a demo.
Trolley is a full-featured payout and contractor tax solution that can automate your workflows. If you have questions about how we can help you streamline and enhance your existing processes, reach out to Trolley’s sales team or your customer success manager to learn more.