We’re in the home stretch of 2022, and we’re very proud of how far our product has come over the last 11 months. Here’s what’s new in the Trolley platform 🍾
While you’re thinking about how to wrap up 2022, we are looking at how we can support you in 2023 and beyond. With the new year already in mind, our latest features will not only make your end of year tax process more fluid, but allow you to plan a bigger and better 2023—sending into new geographies and automating some manual processes. So, let’s jump into what’s new in November 2022.
For the last few years, Trolley has helped our customers simplify your end-of-year 1099 and 1042-S production & reporting. This year, Trolley is authorized to transmit E-Files on behalf of our customers.
- Trolley customers no longer need to apply for TCC codes.
- In January, your 1099 (NEC, MISC) & 1042-S process can happen entirely within the Trolley platform. Once you complete your tax form reviews, you will simply “Submit E-File to IRS” and we’ll handle the rest.
- We’ll let you know as soon as the IRS has acknowledged the receipt of those files, so you rest easy knowing that you’re on time & compliant for another year.
E-Filing is a request we’ve had from many of our tax customers, and we’re excited to be able to deliver on it.
Local Payouts to Latin America
For our customers in Canada, the UK, and Australia who are looking to pay recipients in Latin America, we’ve expanded our banking network and we can now make local payments to 6 new countries:
Zapier Rebranding & Enhancements
One of the last items on our Trolley rebrand checklist, we rebadged our Zapier integration to the Trolley name and branding. But a new look is just the start, we also enhanced the capabilities of the integration to let you now:
- Get details of a recipient
- Add Payments to an existing Batch
- Create a new Batch
- Send a new Payment
Rest assured, any existing data connections and features you’ve enabled will remain unaffected. If you use the app, you won’t need to make changes on your end; your app will be auto-upgraded to the latest version without breaking any existing Zaps.
Enhanced User Roles (Beta)
Our platform is a home for the payouts workflow and as such we know that you have many different people across your teams who need nuanced access. You also want to reduce risk by preventing bad actors from getting access to too many things
That’s why we’ve launched a beta of expanded User Roles that includes unique access/permission levels for each role type. New roles include:
- Payment Manager – Create, Edit, Delete payments + batches
- Recipient Manager – Create, Edit, Delete recipients
- Approver – ability to approve payment batches (if setup as an approver), but not edit
- Fraud Analyst – Able to change recipient status (disable, suspend, archive) but read only for recipient profile / details
- Tax Manager – Able to access the Tax Center – read-only on other modules
If you’d like to get early access to/preview our new products please reach out to [email protected] to discuss joining the beta program.
At the moment we’re in serious planning mode, building our next roadmap and scaling up our capacity to build the products that our customers will need in 2023 and beyond. In December we will be back to recap 2022, and provide some insight into what’s next for Trolley.
Interested in how Trolley can help you pay your global recipients? Book a demo.
Trolley is a full-featured payout and contractor tax solution that can automate your workflows. If you have questions about how we can help you streamline and enhance your existing processes, reach out to Trolley’s sales team or your customer success manager to learn more.